1. My account is hacked! Updated: 2022-05-22 16:24:26
If you suspect your account has been hacked, please do not delay on reporting this to us as the investigation process may take some time to complete. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to investigate. Ensure you include all of the following information in your report:
- Your Login ID
- Your registered e-mail address
- Your date of birth
- Approximately the date you believe you first created the account
- Approximately the date you think your account has been compromised
- Any other details you feel are valuable to the investigation
Once we have all of the aforementioned information from you, we will begin an investigation.
2. Why is my account banned? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:25:07
There are several reasons why your account may be banned, and the best way to know is to read the reason given to you upon attempting to login.
3. How come passwords are stored in plaintext in the database? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:25:51
GunBound began development in 2002, an era where computers in common households began to explode; websites and games back then were really not made to be all that secure. A normal person would think that perhaps we could update the game on the server-side to allow for encrypted password storage, however due to the server binaries being locked in their current state and without the server source code, we are unfortunately limited on what we can do at this time without a significant undertaking of creating a server emulator.
We strongly encourage that all users use a password that is unique to GunBound Retro that you do not use anywhere else.
4. How is account information handled? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:26:39
We at GunBound Retro believe that privacy is a fundamental human right, and we refuse to collect any unnecessary information from our users that isn't needed to play GunBound (such as phone numbers, physical addresses, etc.). With that said, sometimes this information is logged as a byproduct just by simply accessing our website and game, but these logs are often ignored and deleted. The only time we will rely on these logs is to investigate server bugs or issues.
We also encourage other private servers (and companies in general) to also ensure they are only collecting information that is needed to run their services.
5. Does GunBound Retro use website trackers? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:27:10
Short Answer: No.
6. How does GunBound Retro make money? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:27:40
GunBound Retro is funded entirely by the server owner, Zilch. With that said, GunBound Retro is also not accepting any donations to keep the server running; our server is free-to-play, forever. Period.
7. Is GunBound Retro an official server? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:28:10
Excellent question, and one that we get very often. GunBound Retro is a private server, and we're flattered that anyone does think that we're an official server; what's funny is some users consider our server to be the definitive version of GunBoundWC servers, and we're proud of that fact.
We thank all of our users for playing on our server, and hope you are all having a lot of fun playing this great, retro game!
8. Is there anything I can do to help our with the server? Updated: 2022-05-22 16:28:59
It's always great to see users who are eager to help us out. Keep an eye out for any volunteer staff positions if you wish to assist that way, otherwise bringing in fantastic legitimate players to play on GunBound is the best thing you could do to help us keep our community alive.